Seventh Blog Post

 Hello! Welcome back everyone... thank you for reading yet another one of my blogs AND thanks for coming along for the rollercoaster ride of changing gears. 

One thing that I want to share with you all is the importance of being okay with taking a step back and reevaluating your work. I made a lot of progress the past weeks however, I did start to get frustrated with making the website and felt like I was hitting a dead end. So... when I heard that it was okay to just look into the process of making one, I felt very at ease and relieved.

ANY WHO this week I looked at member accounts and how to create those and what they entail. A member's area is so visitors can sign up and access member pages and services. Therefore, if you wanted to be a part of a private group and share lesson plans there, you would sign into an account. This is one of the websites I looked at that best detailed the wix website:

https://support.wix.com/en/article/adding-a-members-area-to-your-site 

Making a website with wix, you can actually install members into your website with an app. However, you can also limit a site page to members or paying customers depending on what you want. Me personally, I would just limit to members. Here are some elements that are included in a members ares:

1. Login

2. Profile Card: this is where it gets tricky. I would have to individualize or set a certain photo for all members. This is shown on every member account and it has the members name and profile picture (which they would choose themselves)

3. My Account Page: this shows your members' details and they are automatically entered into your contacts

Here are also some videos I watched that show how to create member profile registration, how to add a member login and page restrictions and how to add a custom member login and page restriction : 

1. 


2. 
3. 
I found out that there are so many custom things you can do to each members page and you can also restrict each members access in a different way. You also have to create individual members profiles and edit them. This is all a lot of work especially since I want to have a platform for many different members. I also have to monitor what is being said in the forums and groups and this is where it gets TRICKY. 

I have to create RESTRICTIONS. Therefore, this is another mountain climb of it's own AND it is not an easy process. 

Alrightyy, thanks for joining once again. We are reaching the end and I am still figuring out my whole Genius Hour. Tune into next week where I look into the WIX APP. 

Comments