Sixth Blog Post- A change-up
Hello all.
A Change-Up
This blog post is going to be a little different. I was glad to hear from Dave, that a website was going to be difficult to create and was very ambitious. After all of my prior research and working on my website, I thought the EXACT SAME THING. It definitely was getting super difficult for me and I was getting frustrated. SO I have decided to take a step back and reevaluate what I want to do for my genius hour.
The change: Instead of actually creating a website, I will now just research and state things that go into creating one. I will also go into what I would want in my website.
Starting Over
Since I will kind of be starting over, I am going to restate some aspects that goes into creating one.
1. First, you have to figure out what kind of website you want to create. Here are 10 popular types of websites:
https://www.wix.com/blog/2020/12/types-of-websites/2.
4. The websites--> there are different websites creators you can use. A couple of them include palapa and wix. However, many of them there are trials and payments you have to make. Therefore, you can use google sites or wix to create a free and easy-to-use website.
Website Features
1. Forums
A place where phys ed teachers can communicate with one another. Here they can: share their experiences, share lesson plans etc. Here I would want a forum for different aspects. This includes one for lesson plans, one for good games, one for experience sharing etc.
2. Calendar & PD Dates
On one of the pages I would like to have a calendar that outlines all the Professional Development opportunities that teachers can take to continue their learning.
3. Home Page
I have to create an intriguing and engaging home page that is eye catching. The home page will perhaps have a quote on it and will have visuals.
4. About Page
This is a page that will have a little about me as well as my goals and aspirations for this platform.
5. Contact Page
This is where the community members can contact me if they have any questions/requests/ comments about the website.
Some things to think about...
- Member page--> where each educator has an account. Personally, I want them to be a part of a smaller community too, with people they know, for example, teacher candidates.
- What other things to websites have to offer?
- Educational Video Page?
- Educational Resources forum/ page?
- Places to find physical education equipment page?
- Is it possible for comments to be flagged if deemed inappropriate?
Thanks for joining! Hopefully this blog post was helpful in gathering all my thoughts and aspirations for a website. Although I am not actually creating a whole website, I think it will be interesting to continue to research what it takes to create one. Next blog, I will continue to find out somethings I want to add in and other aspects of building a website. See you soon...
Comments
Post a Comment