Welcome Post

Hello everyone!! My name is Ariana Mota and welcome to my blog! 

Some themes that I am considering for my blog is surrounding physical activity and sports. I want to create a website or some sort of space to create a community for physical educators. This will be a space where they can share their activities or games and workouts that they liked teaching and what their students responded to the most. As well as maybe some ideas surrounding how to get more people involved in physical activity. Another theme I was considering was having a space for people who enjoy home workouts or activities. Considering the times we live in where you have to find physical activity and be motivated to participate in physical activity at home I think it would be beneficial to create a website or space where you can post your workouts online for other people to follow, or to also do on their own time.. I want to create a genius idea surrounding physical activity because this is something that I am passionate about and I think is important for daily living, general health and mental health. By creating a space that is accessible for people and a place where they could go for resources is beneficial for all, especially if it is a small community. In addition to this, I think sharing resources amongst one another and a community of people who are passionate about the same things allow for you to find like-minded people. For educators, by sharing resources you will also receive many that can be very positive in your own classes therefore, allowing for better teaching due to the creativity and diversity that will be represented. My genius hour questions include: 

  • Why is it important to find engaging ways to incorporate physical activity in our-day-to-day lives?

  • How can sharing and receiving different experiences and resources be beneficial to your teaching?

My goals include producing a fun and creative final project as well as understanding and navigating technology better. I might measure my progress and learning by seeing how receptive people are and how easy this website or space is to navigate. Since I am not a huge technology person it will have to be easy and accessible and that will be easy to monitor for myself. I think it will be very dependant on trial and error. The open nature of this project is scary for me due to the fact that I do not consider myself as a very creative person and I am also not a huge research individual therefore, I think finding ways to be creative and staying true to myself and my interests will help me become more motivated. I am used to structure therefore I am very unsure about how this project will go. 

Thank you for coming to my blog and follow along to learn more about me and my journey on my Genius Hour!!

Comments