My SECOND One Hour Research Progress

 Oh man... when I say learning how to build a website is time consuming, it is definitely an understatement. Since I am not very tech savvy I had to first watch some more YouTube videos and look at more articles. This time I searched "how to build a community website", therefore I was able to understand more of what a community website entailed and looked like. I looked at the following websites and YouTube videos: 

1. https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/online-community-launch

2.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij-tnAFHSYs

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emCWuXO2QqY

Then, I was stuck in between using palapa and wix to build a website however I found out that you have to pay for palapa and the free trial was only 14 days. However, there are very good reviews about wix therefore I knew it was safe to use and quite easy to navigate although I still struggled a little bit. On my new website I create and designed my home page, about page, contact page and a group page for just I/S physical education student teachers. I also created a PD opportunity page where I put up a google schedule that I can add PD dates for phys ed teachers. In addition to this, I updated the forum page. Here are some pictures of my start up website:

I have evidently learned how to create a website and how to design it. I am still struggling on figuring out the style of the website and the aesthetics of it. Since it is more of a group community website I am thinking that it does not have to be the most aesthetic page. I was also looking at how to put in a login/sign up mode and how when you have your own account how the pages might look then. I am still doing a lot of fine tuning aspects. I want to find out what other pages I can put in as well as what other features I may be able to add. Before next genius hour, I need to do more research surrounding the login feature. There are so many small details that go into a website that I had no clue about. It is definitely a working progress. I have found many of the answers to my questions on YouTube thankfully!! Great platform for visual learners like me :) Perhaps for next week ill have to get one of my classmates to make an account to see what it looks like from their end!

 Till next time.


Comments